Saturday, March 1, 2014

Snug As A Bug In A Rug

Now that the weaving workshop is over and I have caught up with my sleep. It's time to get back to the wool rug. I was able to finish the heddles, and wind on. Now to tie onto the front. I almost always go front to back. Seems everyone has their favorite way to get their warp onto the loom.


Just as a recap, since it has been a while since I started this project.... I am using 8/5 linen sett at 6 epi. The draft is from "The Weaver's Journal" July 1978, Issue 9, pages 20-21. If you have that publication, please follow along with me and make suggestions and help me catch my errors.


The weft is Royal and Silver Collingwood rug wool from Webs. I am going to start with it doubled on the stick shuttle, but am prepared to triple it if needs be.

 


No comments: