Monday, December 17, 2012

Weaver Rose Nearing the Edge

Here I am about to the left edge.

I have been following the threads as-drawn-in. Or, as I weave, I find the next block that shares a thread with the last block I wove. I will weave one less thread to square the block.
As you can see from this next photo, there are seven threads in the block I have just completed, but I have woven only six picks. You weave one less thread because of the blocks sharing threads. The last thread of one block is the first block of the next block.

 "IF" you have used the correct size of threads, and "IF" you have the correct beat you will square each block. But for those of "us" who weave for fun....... we don't sweat the small stuff. It will still make a really nice design. And besides, did our Colonial fore bearers have time to square their blocks???? I think they needed to get those coverlets on the beds before winter set in.

No comments: