Thursday, November 29, 2012

Weaving ..Side Street

As you know, fellow weavers, we always have more than one project going at at time. And if you own more than one loom, well.............................



I put a summer and winter threading on the Macomber and did a fast plain weave scarf. Here I am working on the hemstitching. I did do a little pattern work on this one edge, about six inches worth, to give it a little punch. Beads may be called upon to finish this edge.

The warp is gold Bambu and the weft is variegated Bambu. (I can't find the color names but got both from Cotton Clouds a year or so ago.)    

I just love the close-ups this camera does!
When I did this pattern work, I used the same weft as the tabby pick and used tie down order 1-1-1-1 and tabby a-b-a-b. 


No comments: