Monday, November 19, 2012

Socks on the Needles

As you know, I always have a pair of socks on the needles. It's my way of relaxing. Here is a pair I am working on that I dyed back in Sept. 2012. I mention the year, because we are almost ready for 2013!!! And......I have been considering what to weave for MidWest Weavers Conference that will be in June of next year. Maybe I will see some of you who check in on this blog there. Look here if interested: Midwest Weavers Association 

Back to the socks! When I was dying these socks, I used the 'hit and miss' method. Some times it is great to just go with the flow without any thinking or preplanning. I am knitting these a little differently than I usually do, also. I almost always knit a six inch- knit two, purl two- cuff. But for these I have a two inch K2P2 cuff and have knitted even for an a total of eight inches for the cuff area. They will be more like slouch socks, just for me! They remind me of all the fall leaves that are almost all on the ground now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann your socks are beautiful as always. I envy the fact that you can knit them so fast. It takes me about 10 times longer to knit a pair of socks. I too am a member of the Mid West Weaving guild and plan I venturing to Kansas this summer for my very first conference. Looking forward to seeing what weaving conferences are all about.

Ann said...

I get a lot of knitting done while waiting in waiting rooms. But life has gotten a lot calmer so the sock knitting may slow down.

I 'plan' on attending too. Will look for you!!