Saturday, November 10, 2012

Summer and Winter With One Shuttle- Huck

Now my title might be a bit deceiving. I am still using the summer and winter (single two-tie) THREADING, but will now use it with one shuttle. This is called 'double huck alternating with three tabby picks'. And of course, as with traditional summer and winter, the back looks different. So we will have to wait until I get this off the loom and washed to really see what it looks like.

This was one of the different treadling I gave my SW Workshop student. I wanted to give them a one shuttle weave to show the many different effects you can get on one warp. Try it with an eight shaft draft.

This is a four shaft draft using two block. Here is the treadling:
1-2, 3-4, 1-2
1-4, 2-4, 1-4, 2-4, 1-4
1-2, 3-4, 1-2
1-3, 2-3, 1-3, 2-3, 1-3   repeat from top for desired length.

No comments: