Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dish Towel or Kitchen Towel

Some people call these dish towels or kitchen towels. Me, I just love to weave them. A really great way to learn the weave structure and end up with something for gifts or just to use in your own kitchen. I like to change the weft colors and/or the treadling to really see what a structure can do. 

 A really mellow towel. I have my plate ready, where is my blueberry pie?



Six shaft dimity sett at 18 epi, 8/2 cotton warp and weft. Finished size is 26 inches by 18 inches.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I can't believe how fast you whip these towels out! Wish I could watch you work.

Ann said...

Some days I just grab some coffee and in my 'Jammie's I weave a couple of hours first thing in the morning. Then I go find food and then the day is off and running and no time for weaving.