Thursday, March 6, 2014

Complex Weavers Journal, February 2014

I will "toot" my own horn in this post....

I had submitted an article about my adventures with woven Shibori and it appears in the February 2014, Number 104 issue of the Complex Weavers Journal. They always do an excellent job of taking my thoughts and photo's and turning it into a great article. This issue has several articles that focus on Woven Resist.

If you do a search on this blog, you can go find where I was using my single two-tie (summer and winter) draft to create two different scarves. It was a fun experiment.

 
Also in this issue, my friend and Study Group Leader, Judy Dumke had an article about our Sample Exchange The Old-Fashioned Way. She did a "presentation of the work of members in not a horizontal review of techniques and structures, but rather an alphabetical, vertical slice of the submissions from each member." (2011-2013). A great article about our group. Thanks, Judy!!

You have to be a member to Complex Weavers to view these great articles. The international organization hosts a regional conference every other year along with several different study groups.  You don't have to have lots of shafts to belong. Some of the study groups use no-shafts up to the AVL's. Check us out!  Complex Weavers

No comments: