Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ei, Nej, Het, Nada, Nope, NO

 
This Weaver Rose guy has me stumped. I have changed to size 8/2 red cotton and tried some Shetland wool. These sizes look better. Will look through the stash and see if I have enough to do a pillow top.

I have treadled as the  book told me to and still don't get it. I can't figure out how to "treadle as drawn in" and make it work on the loom. It looks good on the computer, but......

His blocks are 2-4, 2-3,  1-3,  1-4. It doesn't look like summer and winter. It doesn't look like traditional overshot.
The first six threads 2-4-2-4-2-4,
The next six threads 2-3-2-3-2-3
The next four threads 1-3-1-3
The next two threads  2-4

The memo in the book says the treadling given is twill-like. But to treadle as drawn in that this is a three-table overshot. I wonder if I should weave thread by thread or by blocks? What combination is tabby?

I can get a viable cloth, but would like to get what he got! If this is 'on opposites' I guess I don't understand how to do that. Any ideas??????


 
 


No comments: