Sunday, October 27, 2013

Anyone for Taquete?

 
This is the THREADING I have been using for the single two tie scarf and the 2Tied woven shibori scarf. Well..... keeping the same threading, lets see what happens if I change the TIE-UP and do some Taquete.

If I understand that Taquete is: a weft-face two-tie unit weave, or a weft-faced polychrome summer and winter weave (without tabby) or a weft-faced compound tabby weave, I begin to understand. (well maybe-maybe not!)

I am weaving with two colors, on opposites, without tabby. My warp is white. Hummmm. Let me sample a while and let you know what I think.

This is your basic single two-tie threading. But do not weave as traditional summer and winter.
It would be threaded using these units: 1-3-2-3, 1-4-2-4, 1-5-2-5, 1-6-2-6, 1-7-2-7, 1-8-2-8
I still need my two tie up treadles on shafts one and two.
I don't need tabby for this, unless I might need a header or hem area. But the actual weaving of taquete does not use tabby.
I will still need weave each pattern shaft with tie-down one and tie-down two.
My tie-up three pair of shaft combinations (on opposite).

I have some white warp I will sample on first.
And there is more to know.... but that is why I am sampling!!!

No comments: