Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tied Weave Inspiration Secret

Did you wonder where I got my inspiration for this single two-tie scarf? Some of my friends think I wake up at 3 a.m. every morning to ponder the secrets and mysteries of weaving.

Single two-tied (front and back) bookmarks .

Single two-tied scarf.
 
Nope..... I sometimes take a year to perfect an idea. Sometimes longer, and sometimes not so long.
 
Here is one of my secrets: I know a lot of you out there - you know who you are - don't like to make samples. Well, I have found that if I put on a warp for bookmarks, I not only get "bookmarks" but I also have a place to go for ideas for larger projects. I worked up this draft last year and wove a bunch of bookmarks, and so when looking for a scarf design, I just tweeked my bookmark draft and "VOLIA" a scarf draft appeared.
 
 
 


No comments: