Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Summer and Winter...play time

Now, there are strict rules to follow when you are weaving summer and winter (single two-tie). But weavers are always pushing the limits. And if you know the rules, you know which ones can be broken and which cannot.

For traditional S&W you would use the same tie-down, tabby  order throughout your entire project. Well................... This is an example of weaving my blocks in 1-1-1-1 order and also in 1-2-2-1 order. (I have kept the tabby in a-b-a-b order.)

The yarns are still the 8/2 cotton. The pattern is brown and the tabby is dark green. This is dented 18 epi.




Since the contrast between the dark colors and the white warp are so stark, I am not sure if I will just have this on one edge of the towel or keep going and make the whole towel in these two colors......???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for keeping the towel the same colors from beginning to end.