Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Overshot Side-By-Side Recap

Here is the sampling I did on the overshot where I used the same motif side-by-side and treadles one rose fashion and the other star fashion. I will revisit this again. It was really fun figuring out how to draft two -four shaft motifs on eight shafts. Once all that was figured out, the weaving went pretty fast.

I wasn't able to weave the green/gold runner as long as I wanted to. And yes, I have already cut the warp off the loom and have moved on! That cotton kept breaking. I guess I had it on my shelf too long. I have the small runner drying in the sun and will try to get it hemmed and let you see it soon.

But in the mean time, here is what my sampling looked like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, my favorite color combination is the shiny tourquoise (sp?) blues - they are beautiful

Ann said...

Thanks, I liked that one too. I wish I had more of it. But I was able to empty a bobbin.

Lynnette said...

I really love this photo and I can't believe the difference in each runner ~ so lovely!