Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tag, you're it!

I am working on a six block Boulevard weave with six threads in each block. The first three threads of each block are always on shafts 1-2-1, and are the tie-down threads. The pattern-group of three threads are in point twill order.

This is the list of blocks I am using:
Block A= 1-2-1, 4-3-4
Block B= 1-2-1, 6-5-6
Block C= 1-2-1, 8-7-8
Block D= 1-2-1, 4-5-4
Block E= 1-2-1, 6-7-6
Block F= 1-2-1, 8-3-8

I have arranged my draft in a point twill profile. Dr. Bateman says when the blocks are arranged this way the blocks will be woven in tag form. Blocks DEF will 'tag' the ABC blocks, because they have threads in common.

I am using my 8 shaft Baby Wolf, so I can sit at the front of the loom and thread front to back. I select the six heddles needed for the next block in order and thread them, push them aside, then select the next six. This way I cut down on my threading errors.

No comments: