Friday, January 13, 2012

Sample once, cut twice

Measure once, cut twice?... or is that sample once, then sample again!

After sampling my draft, I decided it didn't have enough motion in it. It looked to block-y. So I have changed the original treadling. The photo shows only 1/2 of the repeat of the two samples. But I do like how it will look when the repeats bump up against each other. I think that will help give me the motion I am after.

I am weaving in the dukagang fashion. I have also used a skeleton tie-up, so I step on two treadles at a time when I weave a pattern shot. And since I am using my 8 shaft Baby Wolf, I don't have far to go to get to all the treadles. Once I get into a rhythm, it goes smoothly.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Very cool pattern. Can't wait to see the final product.