Thursday, April 23, 2015

More Shadow Weave Prep


I usually thread the loom front to back as shown here. As this is pretty straight forward of every other thread is either black or blue, so the color choice is helping me keep my threading in order. For every four threads I need two blue and two black. 


Here also is one of my ways to keep track of the threading. I usually print out a copy of the draft and then use a marker to keep track of where I am. Works for me! This way I don't mark up the original directions with all my scribbles.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried warping with the two colors at the same time instead of doing two separate solid color warp chains? It is easy to thread, all you have to do is pick up a pair and put them in the correct dents. Very fast and easy.

Ann said...

Yeah, I have. But this yarn is very slippery and I knew it would be easy to combine the two different chains at the loom.