Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Double Two-Tie Polychrome


It helps to keep your shuttles in the same color order no matter which side you are coming from.


I am weaving on a double-two tie draft in the 1-2-2-1 order. This is considered Ploychrome.

I weave two pattern treadles with each tie down. My sources said to weave in 1-2-1-2 order because it was gonna be hard to remember which shuttle to throw when and that might cut down on the errors. Not one to do what others says..... smile..... I am using the 1-2-2-1 tie down order. There are two pattern color and one tabby color.


To weave one block I have 12 picks.
1+ 1st pattern
1+ 2nd pattern
tabby a
2+ 1st pattern
2+ 2nd pattern
tabby b
2+ 1st pattern
2+ 2nd pattern
tabby a
1+ 1st pattern
1+ 2nd pattern
tabby b



2 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors and pattern!

Ann said...

Thank you. I am having lots of fun with my bamboo yarns. My draft isn't the best, but it is looking good with this color work.