Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rugs- Outside the Box

I am taking a break from the dimity towels and have gone to the big Macomber loom. I have decided I really need to go outside my comfort box. So I am going to attempt to weave a wool rug. I do have some rug wool that I bought several years ago for a workshop I was unable to attend. I have three- one pound cones. (really- that's all I have in the stash) And since I really don't know anything about weaving rugs, I hope that will be enough.


The Weaver's Journal, April 1980, is where I have gone to begin. Overshot is the weave structure that captured me we to weaving. So what better weave structure to use than it.


I don't know if you can tell, but I had two different colors of carpet warp. So my Cabool Guild friends told me to just alternate them. That should blend them and if nothing else make it look like a 'design element'!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann, you do so many fun things, I want to come live with you