Friday, June 29, 2012

Walking the Treadles

Walking the treadles is when you have your treadles tied so you can 'walk' across them. You can take your draft and rearrange how you step on your treadles. (Some of us do that when we move our tabby treadles to fit us better.) For this dimity draft, they picked five treadles. As you can see, treadle 2 and treadle 5 have the same shafts tied.


         1                2                3                  4              5              

This is so you can keep 'walking to the left' and not 'dancing around' on your treadles.




The draft tells me to treadle 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1. I start with my feet on treadles 5 and 3.


Next I will slide my right foot to treadle 4, and then my left foot to treadle 2.
Next I would slide my right foot to treadle 3 and the left foot to treadle 1.Then go back to treadles 5 & 3 and keep repeating.


 


No comments: