Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sampling Shibori

Here I have pulled the threads on the Shibori area and am ready to add the dye.


I am soaking the fabric in soda ash water and will then immerse it in the red dye.
  (Guess there was to much red in this shot for the camera.)

Now I have brushed on some blue on one side only of the Shibori area.

Using the press'n seal I will need to let the dye set. (You could use cling wrap.) I think you should let it set overnight, but I can't wait that long, so I will let it set for a few hours and unwrap it. Then I will have to let it dry completely before I can remove the shibori pull threads.

This is the hard part, letting it dry! But don't try to pull out the resist threads until it's completely dry. If it's dry, the resist threads will pull out easily, if wet..... not so much.

No comments: