Thursday, May 31, 2012

Color Choices

I have been thinking about which colors I am going to use at the Weaving Diva Dye Workshop. I have a general idea about how I will be dying the woven shibori scarves, but for the three warp chains, it's wide open. I have been given a list of the colors we will be using at the dye workshop, so I do have a general idea of the colorways that will be available.

Now that I know which colors we will be using, there are a couple of places I go to see how these colors might work together. Recently at the Cabool Weavers guild meeting, Shirley D. gave a great program on color. She suggested we go to the paint store and get paint chip samples. Not only do they have single solid colors, they also show how some colors work together.


I also have taken photos over the years that I think might help me select what colors to use on my painted warps.



And then again, as we are cleaning up at the end of the day, I usually have one warp that I like to use the 'left over' colors on. And last year, that was the one I liked the best.... So sometime it helps to 'pre-think' and other times you need to just 'go with the flow'.

No comments: