Saturday, February 20, 2016

Tying On Bronson Lace

Putting another warp on the same warp.
I had woven a few rows of plain weave, then cut off. Now my threads are in order.



Now when I tie on the new warp, I just remove each thread as I come to it. I had fixed any errors on the first go round, so it is just a matter of tying on, beaming on and weaving away.


I think I am going to do some more woven shibori. I am weaving 8/2 cotton warp and weft sett at 20 epi. My threading is Bronson Lace. But I have 'tweeked' the tie-up for long floats. 

More towels?  Maybe curtains? Maybe just cloth! 

I would call this an overhand know. 

3 comments:

jolly said...

thank you for sharing the order tip.... I cannot figure the tying on knot is it overhand, weaver's knot or neither? an inquiring mind! :-)
I very much enjoy your blog.

Ann said...

I have added a photo. Thanks for the question.

Coastal said...

This is such a simple solution to keeping the threads in order as you tie on a new warp. I can't believe, that I kept the old woven item on the loom and cut each thread across the warp. If only I'd thought of this- weave a few rows of plain weave to keep the threads in order. THANKS SO MUCH.