Monday, April 2, 2012

Eye Candy- Summer and Winter

I really enjoy designing and weaving summer and winter. Because of the way the tie-down ends work,  you can weave almost any design. The most important thing I try to remember is to stay within my treadle limit. I have designed some really cool drafts, but don't have enough treadles to weave it. Ahhhh yes, I have shaft envy (the more shafts the more treadles)!!!

I have covered a journal and had enough left over to have a coaster too. The mug was a result of good friend Shirley's kiln.

Hand painted scarf was the result of working on a Complex Weavers Tied Weaves sample exchange.

This is from a magazine or book. It doesn't show in the photo, but I used gold glitz as the tabby. It makes a great runner for my table during Christmas and New Years.


No comments: