Friday, March 2, 2012

Twill Runner and Socks

Remember that the warp I was using was 16/2 Soy Silk. I have used a dark teal 10/2 cotton as the weft for this runner. It gave the cloth a little more body so I used a technique from Jean Scorgie (Weaver's Craft - Issue 19) to jazz up the ends. It gives it a little more pazazz! Again I had a hard time deciding which was the public side. This treadling would have made a great scarf.


I  complete the socks I am calling the 'Februray Socks'. I did a twisted stitch rib for 3 1/2 inches for the top of the cuff then a two by two seed stitch. And of course, I have started on the 'March' socks. I had read some where that as soon as you finished one pair to start the next pair the same day! That way you always have a small project on the needles.

 

No comments: