Monday, March 28, 2016

Book Em, Dan-O!

Thinking to put on a fast and quick project..I wanted some bookmarks....NOT!!!

I had a threading error one half inch in, then after fixing that, I discovered I had a denting error.....so pulled it all out and started over.... then I "tried" to thread the heddles back to front. Yikes, I don't know how you all do that!! But I am weaving bookmarks now!

I had looked at some of my bobbins that had left over bamboo and tencel on them and decided there was enough for bookmarks and not much else. Don't you just hate throwing away pretty bamboo and tencel? I even have some of the JOY yarns on some bobbins.

I have threaded my loom to a crackle draft with some crammed dents. Makes a nice change from my woven shibori explorations. I am weaving them 2 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches long with hemstitching and one inch fringe. I should have a rainbow of bookmarks when I am done.

Seems like I am hemstitching more than weaving. LOL. 

I am using plastic blinds as spacers. They are one inch wide, so each fringe will be one inch. 



No comments: