Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Treadle Help From Tim

Since I am working on a draft that takes eight shafts and twelve treadles, I need to find a way to make it  work that so others in my guild can use the draft. My loom has ten shaft and fourteen treadles, so it's not a problem for me.....

There is a great place out there in 'cyber land' that I hope everyone knows about. If you have ever created the perfect draft to find you needed more treadles, as in summer and winter, this is the place to get help.

Tim's Rudimentary
Treadle Reducer
 

 Sometimes I use paper and pencil to get the idea down, then go to the computer and key it in to see if it will work. That's what I had to do with this eight shaft, twelve treadle draft. Then I can rearrange the tie up or treadlings or even the threading without starting from scratch.  This is where the help from  my computer program, WeaveIt Pro and Tim's Reducer is a great help.                                           



No comments: