Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bookmarks S&W

The fun part of weaving single two-tie (summer and winter) is the different looks you can get on one warp. When I first started learning this weave structure, I really liked the looks of using my tie-downs in 1-2-2-1 order. That gave me a cute little circle that Harriet Tidball called the "needlepoint method". It is formed by the four pattern shots. I call this the o's method. Look at four pattern shots. They form an 'O'.

So this was the side I usually said was my public side. Well, if you look closely at the back of your web, guess what? It shows what the 'cross stitch method' looks like. And it's in 2-1-1-2 order. And I call this the x's order.



Either one is fun. And of course there is the 1-1-1-1 or 2-2-2-2 order and that is called the "dukagong method". Or how about 1-2-1-2 for alternate order.

And if you thought that you needed more options, you can change the tabby order too!

No comments: